Fillet packs with Raclette herb filling
For 4 persons
600 g fine (organic) pork fillet
1 tbsp coarse-grained mustard
Salt and pepper
For the filling:
1 tbsp fresh, finely chopped sage
1 tbsp fresh, finely chopped parsley
2 slices of toast
100 g grated Raclette cheese
Freshly ground pepper
Frying fat for browning
Preparation time: 35 min
Cooking time: 1 ¼ hrs
1. Cut fillet lengthwise in the middle to a depth of about 3 cm, brush with the mustard.
2. Break up toast in a bowl, pour a little hot water over it and let it soak briefly.
3. Squeeze bread well and place in a bowl with the herbs.
4. Add grated Raclette cheese and mix everything together well.
5. Season meat with salt and pepper, then place filling in the fillet and press together lightly.
6. Tie fillet every 3-4 cm with the roasting string and make a small bow each time. Shorten string ends.
7. Preheat oven to 80°C. Warm a plate on the grid.
8. Heat fat in a frying pan and brown meat for 4 mins on all side.
9. Place fillet on preheated plate in the oven and cook on the middle rack for 1 1/4 hours.
10. 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, cook noodles, drain and add a dab of butter
11. Arrange meat in wide pieces on warmed plates and serve with the butter noodles.
You can keep the cooked fillet warm in the oven for 30 mins if you turn the heat down to 60°C.
Author: Belinda Kern from Eat, letters and decoRaclette Suisse